The organizers of the DESIGN Conferences are tending to develop the conference beyond the traditional role of delivering research reports and findings in to a interactive environment where participants pro-actively create opportunities for knowledge exchange regardless if they are novices or experienced professionals and researchers.
- Plenary sessions - will host invited presentations representing the leading thoughts, new ideas and visions. Speakers will be allocated 30-35 minutes for presentation and discussion of their paper.
- Topic oriented sessions - will host selected papers grouped by topics. Speakers will be allocated 20 minutes for presentation and discussion of their contributions.
- Workshops - By tradition workshop sessions at DESIGN conference aim to bring together users and experts in interactive, half-day sessions elaborating specific topics. DESIGN 2014 workshops will be organised to promote integration of different views, approaches and methods. Workshop coordinators could invite selected presentations and demonstrations in order to stimulate the debate as well as to propose any format of delivery that inspires interaction. DESIGN 2014 Conference team will encourage workshop proposals that enlighten the multidisciplinary aspects of design. Particularly the proposals of two or more Design Society SIGs for a joint workshop on specific topic will be welcomed.
- PhD students' forum - the forum will be a unique opportunity for younger researchers and PhD students to discuss their research questions and ideas with experienced researchers, practitioners and R&D managers in order to facilitate their research efforts. The series of grouped presentations will be used to raise the questions and stimulate debate in a round table style.
- Industrial forum - DESIGN 2014 Industrial forum will offer a platform for debate among decision makers, practitioners and academics about the future of design research, needs and expectations from the industry. More info
- The DESIGN debate - it was successfully introduced at the DESIGN 2012 conference. The purpose of debate is to investigate in a forensic manner some key topics that affect the engineering design research community. Opponents and debate moderator will be distinguished key players in the community presenting evidence for or against a particular topic.
The forthcoming DESIGN 2014 Conference will continue to be a great event founded on tradition and excellence. We live in a networked world communicating and exchanging ideas by emails, virtual meetings and social networks. Opportunity to meet colleagues face-to-face, to exchange and share new ideas in implausible discussions, to build a personal network in a direct contact is the invaluable opportunity of DESIGN conference.
As always, the DESIGN Conference supports social networking to maintain the constant high quality level in serving the conference participants and the Design Society community.